Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

#BAEgas

Night 2 Outfit (Romper: Windsor, Shoes:Reflection, Necklace: F21)

Excited about our room


Looking down at Drai's Beach Club


Just hangin' out at Drai's

Night 1 Outfit (Crop Top: Pacsun, Skirt: F21)

The inside of Drai's at night looking out into the pool area

I am back from an amazing (and successful) girls trip to Vegas. I went with six other girls to celebrate two of their birthdays. I was picked up on Friday and we hit the road for a quick 3.5 hour drive to Vegas. We stayed at the Palazzo which is now one of my favorites. I've been to Vegas many many times (my family and friends love sin city!) and I've stayed at most of the hotels on and off the strip (Mandalay Bay, Excalibur, Luxor, Treasure Island, Monte Carlo, Planet Hollywood, South Point). I must say that Palazzo is now my favorite. Our room was huge and splitting the two rooms between 7 girls was pretty cheap. On Friday night we went to Marquee at the cosmopolitan. It was my first time to this club, and we had a lot of fun. I was just bummed that the main dance floor was super crowded. We didn't get back to our hotel until 5:00am which blew my mind.  That means I had been up for a straight 24 hours. Only in Vegas! We barely slept on Saturday before we headed out again. We were determined to hit up a pool party and we had decided on Encore. But unfortunately it was too packed to the point where they were charging $45 AND you had to wait in the hot Nevada sun (it was well over 100F) for an hour with no guarantee of admission. Luckily, we had met up with another friend who lives in Vegas who said they could get us into Drai's Beach Club for free. So we headed to The Cromwell and sure enough we got to bypass the line and get in for free. All I have to say is I love Drai's! Its once of the newest pool parties in Vegas, and it was so much fun. Great DJ and lots of cool people dancing and having a good time. We met so many nice people, and I actually ran into lots of people from San Diego and even a bachelor from my hometown of Oakland. Time of my life! We came home from the party early evening and ending up catching up on some much needed sleep. As a result we ended up getting ready and leaving late. It was around 11:00pm so we decided to head back to Drai's again for their night club since we knew at other places the guest list was closed. Drai's was just as fun at night as it was during the day, and we ended up meeting more San Diegans! We actually were hanging out at this table with these guys that own a popular restaurant chain in SD. Again the were all super nice! I think 95% of the guys we met on this trip were married (there were bachelor/bachelorette parties everywhere) so it was really nice to have a good time without having creepy guys hit on us. I also didn't spend any money on drinks haha. Vegas is a womans world! If you a girl and you know the right people then it can be very cheap. Such a fun weekend relaxing, dancing, and being surrounded by good girlfriends. I don't really go to Vegas as often considering how close it is, but I am thinking about making another trip out there by the end of the summer. Viva Las Vegas!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a great time! I haven't been partying/clubbing like that in years. I probably will though when I hit liberty ports when I'm deployed though. You look amazing, of course- and what was the restaurant chain, if you can even tell?

    It's always nice to meet San Diegans. Actually, it's always nice just to meet and talk to new people.

    I'm back from Yosemite, so I hope to catch up! I see you've only posted this since your June goals post, so I guess I'm caught up with you! -Jess L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doll! I can't tell you which chain excactly, but I will let you know that they sell kebabs and may or may not have that in their name :)

      Delete